Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th February 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road
Default BUGS in BSplayer v1.39.829 (Normal/Pro)

To copy Tizio's way of posting bugs :D
TV-tuner still can't be initialized by BSPlayer. Just from main aplication and after that is OK.
Old bug, not from this build, but from many builds ago: when installing a fresh copy or upgrading, subtitles are displayed in a wrong position. For example, I like to have them just above the bottom black border (-10 if I am correct) When starting first movie file, subtitles are diplayed like -50 (center of bottom black border) but when pressing shift+UP the subtitle is positioned into the right position and OSD say -5. Sure, I am talking about fullscreen.
Old 15th February 2006
BS.Player Newbie

stadi is an unknown quantity at this point

fullscreen isn't really fullscreen in this build. it worked allright in the previous, but in this build there is a a 7mm blackstripe at the bottom and top of the video and a 4mm black stripe at the left and right side. This is the second unusable build... going back to 1.36 (b825) :(
Old 16th February 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Could perhaps be related to the old bug referred to in this post:
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=23509#23509
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 16th February 2006
BS.Player Newbie

stadi is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, this could it be:) i noticed the color difference, but i thought it's a new feature not a bug. Will it be fixed in the next version? I hope so:)
Old 16th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default Re: BUGS in BSplayer v1.38.828 (Normal/Pro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
To copy Tizio's way of posting bugs :D
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ADRIAN TO HAVE KEPT MY STYLE FOR BUGS REPORTING :D :D :D

Quote:
Version 1.39 (b829) update (16 Feb 2006)

* video window border is now 'normal' again
* some fixes for WMV files encoded with screen encoder
* some other small bug fixes
Thank you guys for the fast update, I'm sorry to have not yet tested the new versions, but I'm too much busy in these few days...
My eyes look like this now :shock: , but I think yours are even bad :lol:

Thank you so much for the great work!!

Maybe thake this into consideration.. at you the choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCO
- Take a option in the freeversion, if the user want adware or not.
Old 16th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Default Build 829

New build, 829.

Old bug, when installing, it shouldn't ask again what language do you want to use, or, at least, to set the language in use as default in install list.

Subtitle position from my previous post still a bug.

Tuner initialization, the same. New bug: channels list is gone after upgrading.

@Tizio
Your posts about bugs are verry well organised. They deserve to becom a standard.
Old 16th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Default Re: Build 829

Quote:
New bug: channels list is gone after upgrading.
This is the only one I can confirm since I hadn't the time to test the player furter..

Quote:
@Tizio
Your posts about bugs are verry well organised. They deserve to becom a standard.
Thank you so much, I hope to be able to test the program tonight and to report other (I hope few) bugs in the same organized style :D
Thank you again
Old 17th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Channel file isn't deleted. It's created into user's folder. Old one was in BSplayer's folder. But copying it over the new one can't help.
Old 17th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Channel file isn't deleted. It's created into user's folder. Old one was in BSplayer's folder. But copying it over the new one can't help.
Under Windows ME the file is still created in BSplayer folder (since no user folder exists :P ), but it's not possible to replace the new channels with previous one since the format they are saved has changed. Open old channels list and the new one and you'll see that the format is different..

If I'll have time in next days I'll try to write a program to convert old lists to new format
Old 17th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Maybe you can also add the feature to manual add channels to the list :D Or manual editing :o
Just kidding.
Old 18th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Finally here I am :)

BUGS:
TV TUNER
The initialization problem seems to have been solved at least for me (Pinnacle PCTV, SAA7134 chipset)
- After the capture process has been started/terminated, the channel saved in playlist is the first in list even if the current selected one is different from the first. After you reopen BSplayer the selected file in Playlist is still the first in list, but it's correctly opened the one used for TV Capturing
- Audio: (Since tv capture exists) If for example audio source is Line-in and in "Capture settings" Line-in is selected, there is a sort of echo, this is because BSplayer sound is delayed in respect of Line-in one, and don't use Line-in sound only, but overlap Line-in sound with BSplayer sound
- (BUG?) Italian (antenna) region doesn't work in the Italian territoty (wrong frequencies? GERMANY settings works fine in Italian territory [NOTE: DScaler's Italian settings works ok])
- (BUG?) In the tuner configuration window, it isn't possible to select NTSC/SECAM Standard Videos even for those countries that have NTSC/SECAM as standard video definitions, but it seems it is not possible to select neither the countries with NTSC/SECAM standard since the Movie Window is updated only when PAL countries are selected... is it my Tuner limitation or BSplayer fault?
- When capturing videos, if the PAUSE button is pressed the displayed captured size freezes, but number of frames captured and seconds elapsed continues counting, then re-pressing the PAUSE button the size counter continues counting, but the resultant captured file is BAD! The playback is ridicolously fast and the audio is out of sync
This appens with NO Compression filters, and ONLY if the PAUSE button is pressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
Known bug, it will be fixed
- I'm no more able to record working movies without compression (and also with some compression filter), after the recording process (that stops at ~30 frames/4MB) if I try to open the produced file a bsrendv2.dll error pop-ups. I tried to uninstall/reinstall BSplayer, reinstall DirectX (but this was not needed :P ) and nothing changed.. Plus, the audio is not hearable while capturing videos. (maybe adicoto or other users can confirm this.. it could be that it's my computer fault :roll:)
- Once you open a page in the Teletext window, it is no more reachable until you restart the computer, every new page (subpage also) is readable (once) but already opened are no more readable since the teletext search enters an endless loop
- If the Output size height is greater than 288pixels, then while capturing the video displayed is BLACK (the file is correctly captured, but it's not possible to view the video while capturing).

SKIN
- If you change language, the BSZ extension is not fully associated to BSplayer (double-click on Skin file will bring you up an Open with window), but if you open the association window of Windows (Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types -> BSZ -> Advanced) you'll see that all the informations are inserted correctly, and by pressing the OK button all will works fine.
- If the "Disable skinned windows" option in Skin section is checked, then also the Menus lost the skinned feature (even if the "Disable skinned menus" option is UNchecked)

OTHER
- If you opened the subtitle editor while a movie is playing, and when the movie is finished you click on a subtitle line in the edito, an error occurs
- If you try to do a frame-by-frame seek (PAUSE+ARROWS) when you go forward (RIGHT ARROW) for example by 5 seconds, then go backward (LEFT ARROW) and then forward again (RIGHT ARROW) to restart the frame-by-frame seeking, then all the frames after the one you ended with before restarting the frame-by-frame seek will not be displayed, only new one (all these actions have to be made without restarting the playback).
- If you change language after the chapters are loaded the menu item "Chapters" becomes "Previous" and also after changing language again it behaves as the "Previous" string
- When the MovieWindow's top border coordinates are minor than -25 pixels (for example if top border is out of the top screen border by 50 pixels), and the movie window is manually resized, then after resizing, the movie window new dimensions are equal to "the movie window resized width"x"the movie window resized height+25pixels", and the video image is stretched even if the Keep aspect ratio option is selected.
- If the chapters' names (in the .chf file) have ":" char in them, then BSplayer crashes!
- BSplayer doesn't recognise "." character sent by Girder!
This only appens in Windows2000/XP systems. In Windows 9.x/ME "." character works.
AFAIK it's a BSplayer issue since Girder is able to send "." char to others applications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
We'll look into this.
- "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applicatio ns" registry key is deleted everytime the Preferences window is opened (notified by default and speedtrap)
- Windows' Taskbar appears when next file is played (by neral)

MISSING TRANSLATIONS
- About Window -> version, Registered to, Icons created by, (Language) by (translator), Month abbrevations
- Cancel in the "Please wait..." window
- Playlist (right pane when selecting TV tuner channels) -> tuner:
- Explorer shell menu item -> Play (is it a BSplayer item or not? Anyone can confirm?)
- (when .ogm files are opened) Menu -> Audio -> Audio streams -> -- Ogm streams --
- Free for non-commercial use (but I think that I know why you don't want to add this string to the translatable ones :Wink: )

NOT WORKING TRANSLATIONS
- All the subtitle editor menu items

__________________________________________________ _

Quote:
Maybe you can also add the feature to manual add channels to the list :D Or manual editing :o
Just kidding.
Why not , but the results will be noticeble only when BSplayer is restarted, or at least the device reopened :)
Old 18th February 2006
BS.Player Master

For my old PixelView PLayTV BT878 card inititalisation bug is not solved. But maybe it's too obsolete, I can live with that.

Echo bug, ancient history, confirmed again.

Channels not detected by automatic search. They do exist and can be accesed manually from main capture window.

Uncompressed capture first generatede an error (send to). At second attempt, worked OK, captured some 80 MB file that can't be played (bsrendv2 error)

Audio is hearable while recording. And no more echo !!!

Codecs that used to work before don't work any more, see my old post about tested codecs.

Subtitle editor menu are translated. Working OK in here, no problems.

About channel list : no kidding ? :)

Edit: captured files have no sound. When echo dissapeard from file captured files have no sound. But echo gone when cycling to different codecs. Strange. :roll:

Sorry, this build seem worst than the last one.
PS, old bug. Captured file is 25 fps, nomatter framerate you select in capture main window. (I know PAL is 25 FPS)
Just tested 40 fps capture. BSPlayer states it have 50 fps, but of course, it's only 25.
Old 18th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
- (BUG?) In the tuner configuration window, it isn't possible to select NTSC/SECAM Standard Videos even for those countries that have NTSC/SECAM as standard video definitions, but it seems it is not possible to select neither the countries with NTSC/SECAM standard since the Movie Window is updated only when PAL countries are selected... is it my Tuner limitation or BSplayer fault?
Sometimes (I can't understamd when and why), it is possible to select those countries and so you can be able also to select NTSC/SECAM standards :?

Quote:
About channel list : no kidding ? :)
No kidding, I started working on it . Well, I have to understand the old and the new format, and I have to do more tries with different frequencies/standards.. Maybe I should also document a bit on country frequencies and stadards, Antenna and Cable before starting for real :P , but maybe I can only emulate the BSplayer behaviour and so no study is required at all :D
I'll try
Old 18th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
NOT WORKING TRANSLATIONS
I think this is only valid the first time after you changed language without BSPlayer being closed and restarted.
Try this sequence:
(1) change language
(2) check language subtitle editor menue items (still in previous language)
(3) close BSPlayer and reopen it
(4) check language subtitle editor menue items (after having loaded a sub-file).

Old bug (first report I found dating back to 25 december 2003) concerns either [top and left] borderlines remaining visible
or [bottom and right] borderlines remaining visible in full screen mode (unless "Borderless play window" is selected of course).
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=14018#14018
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:
NOT WORKING TRANSLATIONS
I think this is only valid the first time after you changed language without BSPlayer being closed and restarted.
Try this sequence:
(1) change language
(2) check language subtitle editor menue items (still in previous language)
(3) close BSPlayer and reopen it
(4) check language subtitle editor menue items (after having loaded a sub-file).
It seems that these steps don't work for me... I also tried with your translation file, but it simply always stays in English :?
Old 18th February 2006
BS.Player Master

First time after switching language from non-English to other non-English (before closing/re-opening BSPlayer): result = English;
After closing down/re-opening BSPlayer (and loading a sub-file): the new chosen language (tried with your Italian file).
(using 1.39 829 of course)
Old 18th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Ok, I found the solution (by reading your tips )
If I open a movie that has a subtitle file with the same name -> results the subtitle file is automatically opened by BSplayer -> subs editor menu items are ALWAYS in English.
If I open another movie (or don't let BSplayer to automatically load subs) and then I load external subtitles as you suggested -> subs editor menu items will be correctly translated :)

Thanks Peter for the suggestion :!:
Anyway this bug should be fixed
Old 18th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Default Enhancer0.17 plug-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by karel
Whenever start playing a video in BS player (v. 1.39/829 free), the Enhancer0.17 plug-in opens both the Enhancer main and presets windows.
Bug confirmed! (In previous versions Enhancer windows stay hidden)

(Link to karel's post}
Old 18th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Default Re: Enhancer0.17 plug-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by karel
Whenever start playing a video in BS player (v. 1.39/829 free), the Enhancer0.17 plug-in opens both the Enhancer main window and the Enhancer Presets window.
Bug confirmed!
You are too much fast :P You beat me just by a minute :D
Old 18th February 2006
BS.Player Master

...Now I restarted my PC, reopened BSplayer and... It's possible again to manually add channels in the TV Tuner list... :?

There are strange behaviours in this build.. I don't know how I was able to add them manually since I tried many times with this and previous versions and I was never able to do so..

If you adicoto can try to do it again, maybe you'll be able to change channels manually even before I make something with my "maybe-on-list" program

Tags
normal or pro