Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10th February 2007
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 231
Rep Power: 0
kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bsplayer causes jerkiness and slutters after opening Xvids

I tried with several versions Bsplayer from 1.37 to the latest 2.14 and this situation has not been changed.

If you run Xvid files(maybe Divx also), after opening video successfully, the movie has jerkiness and slutters in the first 10 seconds of movie...

I tried this situation with several computers such as new and old computers but nothing changed.

I haven't seen this situation in Windows Media Player.

If i describe the problem in details: I double-click a Xvid movie, then it is opened successfully by Bsplayer, then it starts to play as normal, BUT Slutters and jerkiness occur in the first 10 seconds of play in Bsplayer. I mean the jerkiness may occur in 6th or 7th second or 3rd or 4th second.But the problem occurs in the 10 or less seconds.

Sometimes it happens in Windows Media Player but very rarely.

Clue: When this slutter and jerkiness occur after opening Xvids with Bsplayer, HDD activity increases and HDD light lit constant till the jerkines finishes and the movie catches syncronization.
__________________
"Iceman" will never be melted...
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2007
J7N's Avatar
J7N J7N is offline
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 762
Rep Power: 0
J7N is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bsplayer causes jerkiness and slutters after opening Xvi

Could it be that BSPlayer's built-in AVI reindexer is kicking in?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2007
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 231
Rep Power: 0
kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bsplayer causes jerkiness and slutters after opening Xvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J7N
Could it be that BSPlayer's built-in AVI reindexer is kicking in?
I don't know.But i saw in in WMP also but very rarely. When this problem happens, HDD activity increases much more than a normal smooth playback. It is not a fault of computer, i think it is about requirement of HDD speed or characteristic of file.
__________________
"Iceman" will never be melted...
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2007
Ico-man's Avatar
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,468
Rep Power: 10
Ico-man is on a distinguished road
Default

Are you using a PRO or a FREE version?

If you are using a PRO version, maybe its the buffering that is causing this problem. ("...HDD activity increases much more than a normal smooth playback")

The solution would be to increase the playback priority and reduce the buffering thread priority, so that playback has priority over buffering.

Or you can disable buffering altogether.

@J7N: BS.Player will never start playback, until it will finish reindexing of entire video file.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2007
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Romania
Age: 52
Posts: 5,162
Rep Power: 27
adicoto is on a distinguished road
Default

Slow hard disk drive ? With a 2 MB or less buffer ? Bad IDE driver or DMA settings ?
Don't have this problem unless I do try to playback something my computer can't handle, such as 1080i TS or 1080p. Either my CPU can't handle either my IDE can't stream at such a bitrate.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2007
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 231
Rep Power: 0
kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ico-man
Are you using a PRO or a FREE version?

If you are using a PRO version, maybe its the buffering that is causing this problem. ("...HDD activity increases much more than a normal smooth playback")

The solution would be to increase the playback priority and reduce the buffering thread priority, so that playback has priority over buffering.

Or you can disable buffering altogether.

@J7N: BS.Player will never start playback, until it will finish reindexing of entire video file.
Pro version and buffering is disabled. But no change.
__________________
"Iceman" will never be melted...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2007
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 231
Rep Power: 0
kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Slow hard disk drive ? With a 2 MB or less buffer ? Bad IDE driver or DMA settings ?
Don't have this problem unless I do try to playback something my computer can't handle, such as 1080i TS or 1080p. Either my CPU can't handle either my IDE can't stream at such a bitrate.
No, DMA is On and HDD is new and fast (Hitachi 8mb buffer).

Also tested with a 2mb buffered Hdd works well usually.

It is only a xvid file with average quality.
__________________
"Iceman" will never be melted...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 13th February 2007
J7N's Avatar
J7N J7N is offline
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 762
Rep Power: 0
J7N is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
BS.Player will never start playback, until it will finish reindexing of entire video file.
Just like Matroska splitter... I didn't know that.

What DirectShow components ("codecs") are in use during playback?

The graph building in BSPlayer is different than MPlayer2.exe (Windows Media Player), there could be a malfunctioning "XviD fixer" component installed.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 25th February 2007
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 231
Rep Power: 0
kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Update: With the same computer and codec/filter configuration (decoding Xvid with DivX decoder filter), when running the same file from CD-ROM drive, this problem did not happen. I tried several times.

But, if i run the file from HDD (i tried two different HDDs opening the file from their second NTFS partition), the activity increases and movie loses syncro for a few seconds then it goes OK.

Any idea?
__________________
"Iceman" will never be melted...
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 25th February 2007
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Italy
Posts: 3,037
Rep Power: 23
Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen
Update: With the same computer and codec/filter configuration (decoding Xvid with DivX decoder filter), when running the same file from CD-ROM drive, this problem did not happen. I tried several times.

But, if i run the file from HDD (i tried two different HDDs opening the file from their second NTFS partition), the activity increases and movie loses syncro for a few seconds then it goes OK.

Any idea?
HDD fragmented?
__________________
BSP SkinMaker (v1.07) the one and only Skin Editor for BSplayer
BSP Definitions Manager (v1.02)
BS.Player's FAQ (by BSPeter) | Italian language file (v2.57 build 1051)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jerkiness, opening, slutters, xvids

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20