Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10th December 2007
BS.Player Newbie

bender03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Everytime that i try to open a file appear this message

As i wrote in title everytime appear this message

If i CLICK continue the video dont start ... i need to CLICK on PLAY

Can someone help me with this problem?
Old 27th December 2007
BS.Player Newbie

T3st3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unhandled exception at EIP: 0309D67E

when try to play a file this err appears

BSplayer v2.24.954, Unhandled exception at EIP: 0309D67E
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
If you have internet connection, it's recommended to send error report, this will help us solve problems faster.
Invalid floating point operation
EInvalidOp
Call stack: 00000000,0309D67E,0040496B
Old 27th December 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unhandled exception at EIP: 0309D67E

Quote:
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing
Note: you must give info in order to get info. (Maybe also read my Help2Help-post.)

I would also suggest to first upgrade to the latest version (2.26). It will most probably not surprise you that I (and others) only have one or - at best - only a couple versions installed. E.g. for me: I have latest version (presently 2.2.6.956) installed and the previous versions 1.3.7.826 and 0.86.501 (and also 1.4.1.832).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th December 2007
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

This is the first time \I see 2 posts together with the same error code. Some 2-3 years ago my intention was to write down those codes and to build a list. Never get 2 identical codes to post "code xxxxx it's caused by yyyyyy". Maybe an internal protection module ?
Old 27th December 2007
BS.Player Master

The error reports are not the same but differ.

(P.S.: I also suggested to upgrade as version 2.26 seems to have a much improved error-handling)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th December 2007
BS.Player Master

Yws, I was looking just at the end of the string :(
Old 28th December 2007
BS.Player Master

Well with only 3 different digits they are almost identical. I had to look twice too!
Old 6th January 2008
BS.Player Newbie

ncl3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The same as T3st3r

After a long time that I use bsplayer 2.24 without problems suddenly it started to crash when I tried to open video files giving an error as the one for T3st3r:

BSplayer v2.24.954, Unhandled exception at EIP: 0309D67E
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
If you have internet connection, it's recommended to send error report, this will help us solve problems faster.
Invalid floating point operation
EInvalidOp
Call stack: 00000000,0309D67E,0040496B.

I have an athlon xp 1800+ , ati 9600xt, win xp sp2 and the codec pack 3.45 from http://www.codecguide.com/ (and till now they didn't give me any problem). So I decided to update the player to the last version 2.26 and the same for the codecpack (3.65), but the problem remained. I scanned the files with Gspot and it didn't find anything strange (codecs regularly installed). I noticed that if I decided to close the application when it reports the error it crashed, while if I decided to continue the video didn't start and I needed to press PLAY as for bender03. I noticed also the this problem happened with avi files while didn't with mpeg ones.
Wondering among the bsplayer options I noticed that the options under "video" (divx 3.11, divx 4, ffdshow properties) were greyed. So I changed the video renderer to vmr9, but the problem still remained even if the error message changed a little in the digits. So I looked in the codec options and I found h264 and divx disabled. I enabled them and the problem seems to be disappeared and in the video option of bsplayer the ffdshow properties are now selectable while the ones for dix3.11 and 4 not yet.
So do you think that the problem was in the codec?it's strange because it happened all by itself.
Old 6th January 2008
BS.Player Master

It is a big chance that the combination FFDshow/BSPlayer to be the cause. In fact, by enabling this support for ffdshow, you changed some associations between the filter and the splitter. But only BSPlayer's team can confirm this.
Meanwhile, can somebody else confirm that this option can solve the problem ?
Old 6th January 2008
BS.Player Newbie

ncl3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but i don't understand.Are you sure of what you say? As I wrote I used k-lite codec pack and bsplayer for a long time without problems and without changing anything in the settings. So if there was a conflict it should have happend time ago. Istead till some days ago bs player worked, then suddenly it stops to work and the update too. I have no viruses, malware, I have nod32 and comodo firewall 3(that has a defence mode that shows the changes in the registry)always on
So what happened and what is a real solution?From the message errors posted can they tell us the problem?
Old 6th January 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Vemp is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh, I can verify that turning on H.264 and DivX4/5/6 to libavcodec in fddshow video decoder solves this error.

had this error the moment I upgraded to 2.24 version. tried upgrading to 2.25. error remained. upgraded to 2.26. error remained.

turned ON H.264 & DivX4/5/6 in fddshow. no error.

don't know how but installation of 2.24 disabled H.264 and DivX4/5/6 in fddshow.

anyone who have this error just enable those two in fddshow and things work out just fine.

cheers!

EDIT: spelling errors :)
Old 6th January 2008
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried changin rendering modes without running Bsplayer with a file?

Run start->programs->Webteh->Bsplayer->Preferences->Video->Video Rendering and try internal renderer and overlay mixer. I had some problem with MainConcept MPEG2-decoder resulting with similiar exception on file opening, switched to internal renderer kicked the error away.

Tags
everytime, message, open