Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th October 2009
BS.player Regular User

artam is on a distinguished road
Default Do not start codecmanager automatically on install

Please, please!
Add the option to NOT start the codecmanager automatically and NOT automatically connect to internet in your installer, please, LET the users decide themselves to do so.

I'll pray for you and will be eternally grateful until end of my life... ;-)
Old 20th October 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

In this connection pse also refer to: Make codecmanager accessible through rightclick menu (just like e.g. forum)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 20th October 2009
BS.player Regular User

artam is on a distinguished road

BSPeter, this is not what I've mentioned.

When doing the fresh install, the installer before finished triggers the "Codec Manager".
However, if there is no internet connection, or the process is firewalled (for any security reasons), the codecmanager can't communicate and stays hanged. And the installer will wait eternally and can't finish. The codecmanager process has to be closed manually from the taskmanager to finish the installer.

My appeal was meant to put a checkbox in the installer dialog to have the freedom of choice to disable usage of the codecmanager during the installation process. I'm sure that there are people that know precisely what codecs are on their computer and don't want to be bothered with any "codecmanager" communicating anywhere without their will. :-)
Old 21st October 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

@artam: It was and is abundantly clear to me what you meant.
And I'm sure it was and is also entirely clear to other readers (incl. BS.Player's team).
I just wanted to refer to another previous request/suggestion which also concerns codecmanager.
That's all.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
automatically, codecmanager, install