Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th July 2010
BS.player Regular User

Gemma is on a distinguished road
Default Restore window for subtitles search

Hi,
according to my settings bsplayer used to make a window appear, if no subtitles were found locally, asking me if I wanted bsplayer to search online.
Yesterday by mistake I also checked the "don't ask me again" option, so now bsplayer goes searching for subs even when I'm watching a movie in my own language and I don't need subs.

Although I uninstalled it, deleted all folders and completely cleaned the register, the option was still on when re-installing bsplayer.
Strange, since all other options were reset to default.

How can I restore the pop-up window with the request?

Also I have noticed it does not usually follow the options I selected, sometimes it just downloads the subtitle of its own choice without asking me, even though the box in the options panel is unchecked.

And last, something I didn't really feel like opening a 3d about: even though I chose to have configuration settings in the installation folder (same for all users), the xml file is located in my user folder. How comes? How do you fix it?

Thanks
Old 15th July 2010
BS.player Regular User

Anybody?
And anybody who can maybe tell me what the "quick reply icons" are?
Old 15th July 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-report...up-window.html

Maybe this will help.

Quick reply button it's for those who don't want emoticons, pictures and so, just to post a simple reply.
Old 15th July 2010
BS.player Regular User

Thank you, but I did not find my case.
I can see that there are a LOT of confirmed bugs with subs setting, though.
I noticed them already. Shame, that was a nice feature.
Old 18th July 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Question: If you select "Enable online subtitles", also checking one or both boxes of the "Online subtitle URLs", both under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Online subtitles]
making sure that an appropriate time value (default 30 minutes) is inserted in the box of "Download only if movie is longer than (min)", do you still not get online subtitles?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th July 2010
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Question: If you select "Enable online subtitles", also checking one or both boxes of the "Online subtitle URLs", both under
making sure that an appropriate time value (default 30 minutes) is inserted in the box of "Download only if movie is longer than (min)", do you still not get online subtitles?
I'm sorry, maybe I did not express my problem clearly.
It is not that I don't get subtitles, but that the search starts automatically, without the window asking for it, since I accidentally checked the "don't ask me again box".
I'd like to set it to po up the window back again.
Old 21st July 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

In latest version/build (most recent being 2.54.1041 (201007201504) at this moment) there is no pop-up window anymore.
Whether BS.Player downloads subtitles from the internet is totally dependent on your settings under
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
restore, search, subtitles, window