Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Subtitles

Subtitles Post question about BS.Player and subtitles (srt sub ssa mkv) here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Maxdd is on a distinguished road
Default Can't set subtitles offset to negative.

It's just simple as that: I cant set offset to negative, and put subtitles on black area. All I done is the following: installed last free bsplayer version; instaled K Lite Codec Standart (didnt used the bsplayer automatic installer), and disablde the Draw subtitles to Overlay surface and this too:

Quote:
(rightclick on main BS.Player window>) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering] (Option at bottom/right) > Extend picture to: and select bigger video size (try it out).
Nothing worked. I use Win7. Since Windows Vista I cant use BSPlayer the way I want. On Windows XP everythings works great.

I already searched throught this forum to solve my problem, but nothing worked.

Can anyone please help me ?
Old 5th January 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately you do not mention which rendering mode you selected.
And how about the settings of the options "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer"
respectively "Use new subtitle parser/renderer" under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties] ?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Unfortunately you do not mention which rendering mode you selected.
I tried all rendering modes..

Quote:
And how about the settings of the options "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer"
respectively "Use new subtitle parser/renderer" under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties] ?
I tried that too, nothing worked :(
Old 5th January 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

If you're a Win7-user I would try video rendering mode "EVR (Enhanced Video Rendering)" under Preferences > Video > [Video rendering]
together with "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer" under Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]

P.S.:
What type of video-file are we talking about?
What is "last free bsplayer version"? (version and build nr?)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
If you're a Win7-user I would try video rendering mode "EVR (Enhanced Video Rendering)" under Preferences > Video > [Video rendering]
together with "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer" under Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]

P.S.:
What type of video-file are we talking about?
What is "last free bsplayer version"? (version and build nr?)
EVR renderer was enabled by default.

This actually works very well for two lines of subtitles, but when its just one line, the subtitle is very low, it's a little annoying. I really cant understand why this situation happens using Win7..

I'm talking about DVDRip .avi (Xvid?) files. My version is the one available yesterday, on the official site.

EDIT: Found a solution! Under Video Rendering, select "Direct Draw" and now its like under Windows XP! Including video information (those that appears when we do shift down (...), those letters have definitely more definition, so it was really a rendering problem!

Many thanks for your help!

Tags
negative, offset, set, subtitles