Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2009
BS.player Regular User

Walt Disney is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up [SOLVED] I can't reopen the same film BS 2.36 is playing!!! ( Now 2.41 )

hi

i doubleclick a film in my folder

bsplayer starts playing and if i just want to play it again , that means , going to my folder and doubleclicking at the same film IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING

Only thing i see when doubleclicking again, it's a " Play " OSD message

This is a bug and the previous version was the same

Help!

p.s. maybe i'm watching a film and then i find a subtitle for that film . I bookmarked the film and then, doubleclick the film again to load it again with the subtitle but not anymore ....

Last edited by Walt Disney; 21st June 2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 23rd March 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Maybe try beta version 2.37.991: http://forum.bsplayer.com/news-updat...html#post36610
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 23rd March 2009
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
=

Thanks,we know the bug and it's going to be fixed in the next version

Greetings
Old 23rd March 2009
BS.Player Master

Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 11th May 2009
BS.player Regular User

Unhappy

Same problem with Bsplayer Pro 2.40
Old 12th May 2009
BS.Player Master

Why don't you simply press Stop-button and then Play-button (or [V]-key followed by [X]-key) instead of going back to the folder and double-clicking the video file (which is already running)?

P.S.:
What happens if you are editing a MS-Word file and then (from explorer) try to open that same file again?
Old 12th May 2009
BS.player Regular User

but i still think it's a bug

Because i did it with other bsplayer versions and now i can't

Greetings
Old 16th May 2009
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Why don't you simply press Stop-button and then Play-button (or [V]-key followed by [X]-key) instead of going back to the folder and double-clicking the video file (which is already running)?

P.S.:
What happens if you are editing a MS-Word file and then (from explorer) try to open that same file again?
Done that and still the bug
Old 17th May 2009
BS.Player Master

Cannot reproduce. Anyone?
Old 24th May 2009
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

I can reproduce this, so it could be a confirmed bug, bet I have to do some more tests, and try the new beta
Old 24th May 2009
BS.Player Master

Ok, installed the new beta version (1.41.999B........ Wow, next build will be 1000!!!), and I can still reproduce the bug.
If I open a file (yes, not only movies with different codecs, but also MP3s etc.), the item disappear from the playlist.
There's a different behavior between video and audio files: with video files, the item disappears from the playlist, and the movie keeps playing; with audio files, the item disappears from the playlist, but the playback stops
This doesn't happen with multidisc movies (Example: The Matrix CD1.avi, The Matrix CD2.avi). When you doubleclick on the first file, both of them got added to the playlist and the playback resterts from frame 0 (as expected).
If you open different files (say 3, by selecting them and then pressing ENTER keyboard button), BSplayer starts to play them, but if you select these files again and press ENTER, the playback of the first file doesn't stop, and in the playlist you'll see the other files (in my example 2 files) exception made for the first (actually playing) one.

Can't remember if this happened with previous releases..

Strange that BSPeter can't reproduce this, maybe I have to do some more tests to pinpoint the cause of the problem....
Old 24th May 2009
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio View Post
and I can still reproduce the bug.
...what do you mean?
Old 24th May 2009
BS.Player Master

That I can reproduce the bug as described by you and me: I can't reopen the actually playing files ;)
Old 24th May 2009
BS.player Regular User

Ok, thanks

Glad, i;m not the only one
Old 24th May 2009
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio View Post
...Strange that BSPeter can't reproduce this....
I cannot reproduce this:
Quote:

P.S.:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Disney View Post
Done that and still the bug
Can you?
Old 24th May 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Using Windows 7, latest 999B build, Internal renderer. When double clicking the file for the second time, the file starts playing (but the image remains black - may be caused by the fact you can't use 2 overlays) and the sounds go on OK. I will check some other combinations.

@BSPeter
opening a file when in editing mode is not the same thing like playing a file in a media player. You can play the file in 3 different media players at the same time with no problems, as long as the CPU have enough power and the decoding filter accepts that.

LE: VMR9 accepts to play the file twice
VMR7 the same
Direct Draw mode working

Could this be related to use of overlay ? A bug in BSPlayer's rendering engine ?
Old 24th May 2009
BS.Player Master

As adicoto said, it's not the same thing, I'm not editing the file, and with other editing softwares in that case I got asked if I want to reopen the file as per the last saved data or not.
Plus, BSplayer has an even more annoying problem. If I press the STOP button and then PLAY, the movie starts playing again. But if I press STOP (with the option "Close file when 'Stop' button is pressed" disabled), then doubleclick on the file, the item disappears from the playlist, the previous playback image is still visible, but I can't restart the playback until I close BSplayer, or until I open another file first.
It's really annoying (not a common usage, but it could happen).

@adicoto
I doubt it's related to rendering modes, since it also happens with pure audio files. Maybe there's also another rendering problem, but in my opinion not related to this issue

Anyway when I starts the files in multiple instances, I can play the same file several times simultaneously, but when only one instance is allowed, a second try to load the file results in a deletion of the item from the playlist (no alteration of the playback process).
Old 24th May 2009
BS.Player Master

Hey guys.
A few things.
I am aware it is not the same thing.
Maybe a better example would have been what happens when you open a pdf file with Adobe Reader and while e.g. reading page 5 of that pdf-document you (try to) load that same document (i.e. nothing happens).
Further: Walt Disney's issue does in itself not concern multi-instances.
So to keep matters clear I would suggest to separate matters.
I understood from his initial post of this tread that what Walt Disney wants to accomplish is that the file he is currently playing (re)starts playing from the beginning of that file. I also understood that from his remark:
Quote:
p.s. maybe i'm watching a film and then i find a subtitle for that film . I bookmarked the film and then, doubleclick the film again to load it again with the subtitle but not anymore .... "
Exactly thàt (a restart from the beginning) happens - at least with me - when pressing STOP followed by PLAY, irrespective whether the option "Close file when 'Stop' button is pressed" is selected or deselected. (The only difference may be an intermediate question re downloading of the subtitles).
So as a "solution" for his problem (and looking at what I think he wants to achieve) I suggested as I did.
However, Walt Disney responded that, also when following the suggested "STOP-PLAY method", BS.Player still does not act as expected (in other words it does not then start playback from the beginning). Thàt is something I cannot reproduce. (I'm still curious if you can?)
Now, what Tizio discovered seems a somewhat different issue (though it may have some relation to what Walt Disney reported).
Maybe we should separate issues concerning multi-instances enabled or disabled. I'm afraid it otherwise may get rather confusing.
Old 25th May 2009
BS.Player Master

multidisc movies
Old 2nd June 2009
BS.Player Master

@Walt Disney:
Changelog latest beta:
Code:
Version 2.41.1001(200906012333)
          * changed seek behaviour
          - fixed problems with some Vorbis radio streams
          - fixed YouTube playback
          * new subtitle parser/renderer, improved support for SSA/ASS subtitles, most HTML tags are now supported
          + added shortcut (Q) for 'Enqueue selection' in ML
          - in ML 'Remove non-existant entries' would also remove radios, fixed
          + if audio file with the same name as video is present it will be now automatically loaded
          - fixed problem with cycle audio stream option in AVI files
          - double clicking one the same file second time didn't reopen it, fixed
Version 2.40.996

Tags
film, playing, reopened