Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st December 2013
BS.Player Newbie

chicken is on a distinguished road
Question Bsplayer won't play anything from my D drive

Hi all

I'm having this very odd fenomenon on my new Windows 8 Asus laptop. Any .avi, .mkv, .mp3, .mp4 etc. media files that are located on my D drive won't be played. I tried doubleclicking, opening it from the actual BSplayer (Menu, File, Open). Just nothing happens, the player just sits there saying "Closed"...

As soon as I copy the file anywhere to the C drive anywhere (Desktop, My videos, C root) where windows is installed, it works rightaway using any method, doubleclik or File> Open.

Also, while they are on the D drive, if I right-click and do open with Windows Media Player, that works. Only bsplayer does not want to open them.

Any ideas?

Thanks
chicken
Old 5th January 2014
BS.Player Newbie

chicken is on a distinguished road

Hm, noone has a suggestion?
Old 14th January 2014
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

We can't reproduce this. Anyone else sees this behaviour?
Old 11th July 2017
BS.Player Newbie

bliss81 is on a distinguished road
Default hi im having the same problem on windows 10

i have win 10 and bs player 2.71
when im playing video from c: drive everything works. but when im trying to play from any other drive (includes d: which is on the same physical hd) it wont work (bsplayer loads and play nothing). if ill coppy the vidseo to c: it will work at one. any ideas?

thank.
Old 9th August 2017
BS.Player Newbie

aatay is on a distinguished road

I had this issue as well but little different. I was not able play some video files in particular folder rather than particular drive.

It turns out that if you have a non-unicode character in your videos path, video does not open and seems closed. In my condition it was a Turkish character "İ" or "ı". However my region in my computer is United States. Changing the region of my pc to Turkey may also solve this issue (i did not try) but I just changed the folder names and videos are opening now.

I hope this might help some people.
Peace be with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ico-man View Post
We can't reproduce this. Anyone else sees this behaviour?
Old 13th August 2017
BS.Player Newbie

SasoN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post
i have win 10 and bs player 2.71
when im playing video from c: drive everything works. but when im trying to play from any other drive (includes d: which is on the same physical hd) it wont work (bsplayer loads and play nothing). if ill coppy the vidseo to c: it will work at one. any ideas?

thank.
I have the same problem, i cant open any file od D: but if i transfer the same file on C: its working/

Tags
drive, play