Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st August 2009
BS.player Regular User

Obi-Wan is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Playlist not showing in BS.Player

My BS.Player don't show the playlist, I select the option in the menu, but it didn't show. The program has been installed correctly and the other functions are good, but the playlist is a function that I use daily and it's fundamental for me because I add multiple files to the playlist and they have play sequentially.

I don't know because exist that problem, the program is recently instaled, and this feature is included in the free player, including I restarted my computer and see if that solves the problem, but nothing, somebdoy help me.

Thanks.

Last edited by Obi-Wan; 3rd August 2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 30th October 2009
BS.Player Newbie

roch20 is on a distinguished road
Default Having problems with BSPlayer PRO; same here...

I had the same problem , but now mine has been working very well: , here is how i did it:
1) install the "Pro" version
2) (no need to uninstall the player, never) install the "FREE" version in the "PRO" version folder (because for some strange reason, the "Pro" version, codecs and many features did not work at all )
3) Then (do NOT uninstall the "FREE" version) and install the "Pro" (again), and voila!
Hopefully, that will help!

P.S. Right after finished installing the "Pro" version, the first thing i did was open the player and click on "TV" (just to ensure things were working) and then a small pop-up will prompt for username and password; and that's it!

CAUTION : (This is only when you install the "FREE" version). The application will ask where do you want to install the "FREE" player, you will browse for the "BSPlayer PRO" folder, and remember to ensure that it has been installed in the "BSPlayer PRO" folder.

But; this is NOT necessary to install the "PRO" version, period! The application itself, will find the folder.
GOOD LUCK! And sorry for misspelling, I am of Hispanic culture, however, I have tried to do my best!
Old 31st October 2009
BS.player Regular User

Question

Thanks for your help, but, how I download the PRO version if it's pay version and can't download a trial version?.

PD: Don't problem for your misspelling. I'm spanish too.
Old 7th November 2009
BS.Player Newbie

der_juden is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay this totally doesn't work and your an idiot that really didn't make a bit of sense. I'm running windows 7 ultimate using bs player 2.50 and playlist's and media library was working fine then suddenly stopped working. I tried your fix and in the free version the playlist works but when you reinstall it doesn't still. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling before that...that didn't work. Oh this last install I just went into the options and set playlist to use the old style and then it came up. This really didn't fix the problem because the new style still doesnt work at all. No clue why it stopped working. shrug
Old 7th November 2009
BS.player Regular User

I try to test the 2.50 version.
Old 14th November 2009
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_juden View Post
Okay this totally doesn't work and your an idiot that really didn't make a bit of sense. I'm running windows 7 ultimate using bs player 2.50 and playlist's and media library was working fine then suddenly stopped working. I tried your fix and in the free version the playlist works but when you reinstall it doesn't still. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling before that...that didn't work. Oh this last install I just went into the options and set playlist to use the old style and then it came up. This really didn't fix the problem because the new style still doesnt work at all. No clue why it stopped working. shrug
Warning raised for inappropriate language and to have insulted another member.

Hi was only trying to help other users, if it doesn't work for you don't use that language. There are other civil ways to explain why it should/shouldn't work.

Anyway to solve the problem while the devs try to find the cause/solution to the problem, try to simply delete BSplayer preferences file (usually located in %AppData%\BSplayer\bsplayer.xml or %AppData%\BSplayerPro\bsplayer.xml or BSplayer installation folder) and then start BSplayer
Old 14th November 2009
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Thanks for your help, but, how I download the PRO version if it's pay version and can't download a trial version?.

PD: Don't problem for your misspelling. I'm spanish too.
You can only download BSplayer Pro version from BSplayer site upon login in user area and after the payment for a Pro license has been accepted by BSplayer authors
Old 21st September 2011
BS.Player Newbie

vng3333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio View Post
Anyway to solve the problem while the devs try to find the cause/solution to the problem, try to simply delete BSplayer preferences file (usually located in %AppData%\BSplayer\bsplayer.xml or %AppData%\BSplayerPro\bsplayer.xml or BSplayer installation folder) and then start BSplayer
I removed %AppData%\BSplayer\bsplayer.xml, the problem still persists. More details: I run v2.5.7 on WinXP. When running BSPlayer as an administrator, playlist show up just fine. Logging off and back on as a regular user (same PC and OS), playlist does not show up.

Thanks.
Old 21st September 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Under XP this surely has to do with (administrator) rights. (No UAC problems yet.)
When you install BS.Player, you have to select whether you want to install it for other users too. Maybe you didn't? I suggest to uninstall and then install anew, making sure that you make the right choices.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
playlist, show