Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th December 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Bugs related chitchat with no new info concerning content

This thread originally was attached to this one: [CONFIRMED] BsPlayer.Pro 1050 - 1051 subtitle position bug + the fix here

However, unfortunately IMHO that thread was becoming increaslingly less to the point and less on-topic by the number of large reply-posts, which didn't contain anything new. So I decided to cut the chitchat from the original posts and put them in an own (new) thread.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 11th December 2010
BS.Player Power User

black_ps is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug in the way you describe it.
Perhaps you used "Custom position" once?
When using new subtitle parser/renderer there is a bug in thát option.
It is easy to accidentally click mouse pointer in the centre of the screen then (where the sample text is fixed/frozen).
See this bug-report: http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/11592-bugs-cosmetical-issues-re-gui-translation-bs-player-versions-256-1043-257-1051-a.html#post43364
But there is a bug anyhow!! (So I also linked to this post in my above mentioned bugs-summary).
Ok but there is a problem there.. what about this
Subtitle New Render don't store any other script then Western
1051 It's not finding any subtitle if you start a movie without any subtitle,if you use subtitle check for subtitle it's working..
Don't know from what version you are prompted to download the subtitle even if you use the option download them in background
Another problem,starting movie The.Lost.Future.2010.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264-CtrlHD and it's find subtitle From tom and jerry lol ? is this tom and jerry ? NO
Old 11th December 2010
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug in the way you describe it.
Perhaps you used "Custom position" once?
When using new subtitle parser/renderer there is a bug in thát option.
It is easy to accidentally click mouse pointer in the centre of the screen then (where the sample text is fixed/frozen).
See this bug-report: http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/11592-bugs-cosmetical-issues-re-gui-translation-bs-player-versions-256-1043-257-1051-a.html#post43364
But there is a bug anyhow!! (So I also linked to this post in my above mentioned bugs-summary).
Zatos has the same problem in http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/...html#post43504 as far as i can see. "
I found out that downloading subs in background is not the only thing that's buggy. I changed the font size for the subtitles which caused them to display at the top of the screen - I think where the OSD is displayed. But I disabled the 'drawing subtitles under evr' thingy and reenabled it and got them back at the bottom."
Old 11th December 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_ps View Post
Ok but there is a problem there.. what about this
Subtitle New Render don't store any other script then Western
1051 It's not finding any subtitle if you start a movie without any subtitle,if you use subtitle check for subtitle it's working..
Don't know from what version you are prompted to download the subtitle even if you use the option download them in background
Another problem,starting movie The.Lost.Future.2010.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264-CtrlHD and it's find subtitle From tom and jerry lol ? is this tom and jerry ? NO
Like I already mentioned in my post: "... there is a bug anyhow!!", so I'm not denying that "there is a problem there"!
To the contrary!! And surely not just one!! I've also been reporting them (like i.a. you) and summarizing them.
But please, please, let's not confuse and mix up problems!
IMHO it's better to tackle them one at a time!!
In your post you mention two issues which are different from the problem raised in this thread!
The tom and jerry problem most probably is an issue which needs to be repaired by the subtitle-provider(s).
(Subtitles.com.br supporter & OpenSubtitles.org support)
The non-western font issue is also a different issue, which has been reported in a separate thread (here).
I also listed that thread in my summary here.
I'm afraid that by heaping up problems on one big pile, we're surely not going to speed up their fixing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_ps View Post
Zatos has the same problem in http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/11913-changing-subs-font-size-caused-subs-display-top-screen.html#post43504 as far as i can see. "
I found out that downloading subs in background is not the only thing that's buggy. I changed the font size for the subtitles which caused them to display at the top of the screen - I think where the OSD is displayed. But I disabled the 'drawing subtitles under evr' thingy and reenabled it and got them back at the bottom."
Sofar Zatos still didn't reply to the question I asked him/her about how he/she changed font size (so that I can test and try to get the same result). Now, did you have a similar experience by any chance? If so, please report it there. For me it's not clear if it concerns the same problem. It might well be that Zatos (being a human like me I suppose) made an error.
Again: let's try not to mix up things and keep them clean and clear.
IMHO it is better to list bugs one by one and keep them apart; not combine many together unless they unmistakeably may have the same cause.
- - - !! LET'S KEEP THINGS ORGANIZED !! - - - !! LET'S KEEP THINGS ORGANIZED !! - - - !! LET'S KEEP THINGS ORGANIZED !!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 11th December 2010
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
Like I already mentioned in my post: "... there is a bug anyhow!!", so I'm not denying that "there is a problem there"!
To the contrary!! And surely not just one!! I've also been reporting them (like i.a. you) and summarizing them.
But please, please, let's not confuse and mix up problems!
IMHO it's better to tackle them one at a time!!
In your post you mention two issues which are different from the problem raised in this thread!
The tom and jerry problem most probably is an issue which needs to be repaired by the subtitle-provider(s).
(Subtitles.com.br supporter & OpenSubtitles.org support)
The non-western font issue is also a different issue, which has been reported in a separate thread (here).
I also listed that thread in my summary here.
I'm afraid that by heaping up problems on one big pile, we're surely not going to speed up their fixing!Sofar Zatos still didn't reply to the question I asked him/her about how he/she changed font size (so that I can test and try to get the same result). Now, did you have a similar experience by any chance? If so, please report it there. For me it's not clear if it concerns the same problem. It might well be that Zatos (being a human like me I suppose) made an error.
Again: let's try not to mix up things and keep them clean and clear.
IMHO it is better to list bugs one by one and keep them apart; not combine many together unless they unmistakeably may have the same cause.
- - - !! LET'S KEEP THINGS ORGANIZED !! - - - !! LET'S KEEP THINGS ORGANIZED !! - - - !! LET'S KEEP THINGS ORGANIZED !!
Don't get me wrong,i did not told somebody to hurry up,i`m waiting and waiting..

Tags
chitchat, content, info, related