Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

r_hawke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subtitle Bugs in 803

When checking "Subtitles disabled" Player crashes when opening an OGM containing Subtitle.

BSPlayer v1.00.803, Unhandled exception at EIP: 00495C05
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 00495C05 in module 'bsplay.exe'. Write of address 00000010
EAccessViolation
, 0x004E746F, 0x004E766D, 0x00453527, 0x0044A872, 0x77E02CA8, 0x77E052E6, 0x77E06487, 0x717521F0, 0x7175276F, 0x71752574, 0x7172C11B, 0x7175276F, 0x71752643, 0x77E02CA8, 0x77E02DC5, 0x77E0577D, 0x004E8584, 0x77E787F5

- Possibility to check "Dont' show Subtitle by default"

- Remove subtitle from Screen if Show subtitle is turned off (it always stays until i toggle full-screen)

- DoubleClick for Full-Screen toggle (used to work in 0.85) I can't assign it manually, BsPlayer recognizes DblClick as Left-Klick + Wheelclick
Old 3rd December 2003
BS.player Regular User

KHysiek is an unknown quantity at this point

I add from myself to list that since 1.0 BSPlayer is ignoring "Max subtitles display time" setting
Old 4th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Bug 2:

French subtitles do not work either. All ?•, ?© and Ä? are simply left out!

With VobSub it is actually no problem.

Robert
Old 4th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Drizzt is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a matroska file with hungarian sub and if I enable subtitles instead of the national characters like ű,?©,ő (hope you can see it :) ) bsplayer displays the two byte unicode characters (for example instead of erős sg like ern??s). If I turn off subtitles bsPlayer crashes...
Old 5th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

yeah, matroska files are treated correctly because they can contain unicode whereas OGM doesn't

but i thought that the french letters ?© Ä? ?• are still ANSI(0), which also should work. At least they work with VobSub as said before.
Old 6th December 2003
BS.Player Power User

HackerWerger is an unknown quantity at this point

The italics don't load correctly in .sub/.srt subtitle files..
Stupid bug.. :evil:
Old 6th December 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_hawke
French subtitles do not work either. All ?•, ?© and Ä? are simply left out!
No, they do work and they aren't left out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_hawke
but i thought that the french letters ?© Ä? ?• are still ANSI(0), which also should work.
Yes, you're right and they do work!

Same old "problem" probably as with BSPlayer's previous version. Have a look here (2nd item).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th December 2003
BS.Player Power User

HackerWerger is an unknown quantity at this point

More bugs!! :evil:
StartTime=X doesn't work in ini files of BSplayer v1.0 803..
Old 6th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

masa is an unknown quantity at this point

My BsPlayers subtitles dont work with .srt files. With .sub files it works. It worked before but not anymore. I have installed player again but it dont work. I downloaded wobsub but it didnt help. So what can I do?
Old 6th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Correction to previous:
.sub files dont work either. Only in one film that I have subtitles work but not in any other film. Wether its .srt or .sub file.
Old 6th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Correction to previous:
.sub files dont work either. Only in one film that I have subtitles work but not in any other film. Wether its .srt or .sub file.
Old 7th December 2003
BS.Player Master

@masa
Perhaps your subtitles are placed "off screen".
Try setting of subtitles position to "auto" (and e.g. change color)
Any result?
If not, check setting of "Subtitles disabled" (under "Options"/"Preferences"/"Subtitles") and setting of "Draw subtitles to Overlay surface" under "Options"/"Preferences"/"Video" and (also under "Video") perhaps try a different setting of overlay mode (mode 1 or no overlay).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

muttley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default latest build DON'T REMEMBER SUBTITLE POSITION

why is that?
when i manually set where the subtitle will apper (-50 my favourite), it completely ignores it next time i load the movie
Old 7th December 2003
BS.Player Master

Is the box "Remember movie settings" under "Options"/"Preferences"/"General" checked (=selected) in your installation?
Old 8th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

muttley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yep it is checked

that option is checked and the subtitle still appears in default position, not the customed one.
and another thing - if the movie was played in fullscreen (and the player remembers the settings) for a 16:9 movie the next time will be 'streched' all over the screen and u have to get out of fullscreen and back in to get it fixed
Old 8th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Okay. If I use overlay 1 (preferences/video) and movie is dvdrip (all my movies are .avi files) subs are shown normally and the picture is fitted automaticly to my tv screen and I can browse net at my pc screen while movie is played at tv. If overlay 1 and movie other than dvdrip subs are this black and white dots. Their fuzzy. U cant read them. If I use other overlay than overlay 1 or dont use overlay at all (pref/video) subs are shown normally but picture isnt fitted to my tv screen. Meaning that I cant browse net or something else at the same time.

Movies that arent dvdrips and was working normally before dont work anymore. I just cant understand why. I didnt make any changes to anything but they just dont work anymore!!??
Old 8th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Allmost forgot. I did try U'r hints but non of them workd...
Old 9th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

now I lookd a film that wasnt dvdrip but subs was dvdrip and it work normally????
Old 20th December 2003
BS.player Regular User

Laurent is an unknown quantity at this point

Subdelay defined in .ini files doesn't work (works if defined manually during movie playing).

Regards.
Old 14th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

dkong is an unknown quantity at this point

Since I have experienced the same �loss of subtitle position problem’ as some of you appear to have I tried some things to circumvent this problem. Unsuccessful I might ad but I found a few things to narrow down the problem, first it only seems to appear with negative subtitle position numbers. (These are especially handy when you watch widescreen movies and want to keep the subtitles underneath the actual picture). In a 4:3 movie the subtitles have to appear in the video (position >= 0) and then there’s no problem. I can put them easily I the right position using shift-up/down keys and they stay there right where they’re suppose to be. However when the position is less then zero this setting is lost when the movie is restarted. Setting the �remember movie settings’ option makes no difference. When the position is above zero then these settings are remember. Bsplayer does not seem to permit me to put the subs above the movie. The autosetting for subtitles is remember and in a widescreen movie the position is below zero. But it’s either too far down (which makes it partially outside the screen on tv’s) or a line is half in and half below the movie which is annoying to watch. Using a ini does not help me since the SubPos options is specified like this: �SubPos is subtitle position, if it's <=0 or not defined then subtitles will be positioned automatically’. This is might be a related problem/feature. There’s probably a pragmatic reason for this limitation but I would greatly appreciate it if this would be done differently in future releases. I use RC1 build 803 with the ffdshow filter, without any vobsub program. The previous release I used (0.86.499) did not have this problem but is missing some nice features, so going back is not a good option. The rest of the (new) program work very well for me, thanks for that. Now that’s said there’s always the possibility that I overlooked something so if anybody has a solution or usable workaround it would be greatly appreciated.

Tags
803, subtitle