Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd June 2013
BS.Player Newbie

timmy2 is on a distinguished road
Red face I need help getting Ctrl-B (next chapter) to work!

No response from support or this forum so I gave up. Switched to a different player.

Last edited by timmy2; 3rd June 2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 5th June 2013
BS.player Regular User

Cela is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy2 View Post
No response from support or this forum so I gave up. Switched to a different player.
A different player? You found a player with high priority chapter support? Where makers, support and users appreciate that feature, assign high priority to it and you get quick response? Please share your knowledge!

Did you try this?
(This was may learning by example.)
1. Alt+I ... Add bookmark // add several bookmarks
2. Ctrl+Alt+I ... Edit bookmarks // and add annotation text to each bookmark
3. Use option Export bookmarks as chapters // you get a .chf chapter file
4. Now you have 2 files in your media file folder:
mediafile.mp4 ... or mkv, m2ts,ts,... mpa, mp3, mp2, ...
mediafile.chf ... chapter file
5. Learning by example:
Now you can see the syntax.
Example (default format):
[CHAPTERS]
1=00:00:00 Live Show
2=00:02:46 Intro
3=00:04:45 Part1
4=01:21:14 Exit 1
5=01:21:15 The End

Example (extended format):
[CHAPTERS]
1=00:00:00.000 Live Show
2=00:02:46.760 Intro
3=00:04:45.320 Part1
4=01:21:14.240 Exit 1
5=01:21:15.560 The End

Example for 'nice' chapter selection menu:
[CHAPTERS]
1=00:00:00.000 1 01 Live Show
2=00:02:46.760 2 02 Intro
3=00:04:45.320 3 03 Part1
4=01:21:14.240 4 04 Exit 1
5=01:21:15.560 5 05 The End
will produce chapter selection menu:
01 Live Show
02 Intro
03 Part1
04 Exit 1
05 The End

Note: Mandatory syntax elements
[CHAPTERS]
1=<timecode> <optional annotation text>
2=...

Feature request:
I would prefer a version without the superfluous syntax elements!
Simply this:
<timecode> <optional annotation text>
00:00:00.000 Live Show
00:02:46.760 Intro
This conveniently simple format should be also implemented!
If it makes BSplayer happy, keep
[CHAPTERS]
but get rid of the
1=
2=
parts!
(I bet BPsplayer could count the chapter lines 1,2,3... itself.)

Feature request:
Chapter feature for BSplayer Android! ASAP!
Reuse .chf file on smartphone and tablet.
Chapter feature not yet working in BSplayer Android!

P.S.
Since I know how it works I understand the manual:
C:\Program Files\Webteh\BSplayerPro\doc\ini_files.html?
Old 5th June 2013
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I have just 1 file with embeded chapters and it's working fine, no problems here.
Old 8th June 2013
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
...just 1 file with embeded chapters ...no problems...
Very exciting! Very interesting!
Sounds like "Life is good", "Yes we can",...
Happy you!

If we had your knowledge, we would not ask for help in this forum. We would be happy too and would have no problems either.

Please share your precious knowledge how you became happy with chapters in BSplayer Windows and Android?

Please be more specific!
Which kind of file? mp4? m4a? ... or DVD? BD? AVCHD?
Which kind of chapters? How is that file prepared?

If you have an AVCHD camcorder recording "my2012vacation.m2t" and regarding chapters, a list of time values with annotation texts,
e.g.
00:00:00.000 Vacation 2012
00:02:46.760 Venice...
00:37:22.000 Rome...
etc.
and you want quick chapter navigation to these points of interest in your video? I use the chf feature (which I strongly miss in the Android BSplayer app).

How do you prepare your 1 file solution? Does it also work in Bsplayer Android?

Please, provide more details. Link to manual? Link to additional reading?

Thanks!

P.S. I use Dean's multiAVCHD to embed my chapters into an AVCHD (BD)structure. But that is not a 1 file solution. The chapters get integrated within the AVCHD folder structure. Furthermore, BSplayer cannot play the AVCHD/BD structure but only the m2ts stream files. AFAIK there are not many players which can play AVCHD or BD structures in Windows and I know no one to play AVCHD/BD structures on Android (or iOS) phones and tablets. Therefore a good 1- or 2-file solution is very important.

Last edited by Cela; 8th June 2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 8th June 2013
BS.Player Master

I am glad to see your response, that way some things get clarified and your specific need it's clear.
My file, my friend, is an MKV with embeded chapters and it's working fine. It's not my creation, it's just downloaded from internet. As far as I know, MKV merge can do that with no problems.
Unfortunately I don't have such a camcorder, and can't help you with testing such files or features. If you can prepare such a file of a small size (up to 1 GB) and post it to a file transfer service (transfer.ro, fastupload.ro or an international service similar to) I wil be glad to test it and maybe come up with ideas. As far as I know, BSPlayer should support playback of such files (I see it's stated on BSPlayer's page).
Android support for chapters I know it's on TODO list of BSPlayer's developpers. But I will also move my only file to an SD card and try on android BSPlayer and see the results.
Old 9th June 2013
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
...MKV with embeded chapters and it's working fine...
...MKV merge can do that with no problems...
... I wil be glad to test it and maybe come up with ideas. As far as I know, BSPlayer should support playback of such files (I see it's stated on BSPlayer's page)...
... Android support for chapters I know it's on TODO list of BSPlayer's developpers...
... But I will also move my only file to an SD card and try on android BSPlayer and see the results.
Sounds like very good news! I am very happy with your explanation. Thank you very much!
I really appreciate your help very much!
Maybe, timmy2, the original poster, would have been happy too and would have become a BSplayer friend like me.

All files (as stated on BSPlayer's page) PLAY very well in Windows and Android.
Chapter navigation in BSplayer Android is my main concern.

Thanks for your offer to test my camcorder files. No need to test. These files PLAY well in BSplayer Windows and BSplayer Android!
The chapters issue in BSplayer for Android can be tested and reproduced with any video file.

Please help with further details!
Please give me the link so that I can download your mkv file (which you downloaded from the internet), so that we can discuss the same mkv file sample.

I am no friend of embedded MKV chapters.
As you see from my postings, I am a friend of a _simple_, separate, accompanying chapter file.
Of the kind which is supported by BSplayer Windows since a very long time, at least since year 2002! (When I prepared my answer to timmy2's original posting, I noticed in my ChapterXtractor v.092 from 5/2002(!) that it came with a BSplayer chf preset!)

Please help me double check:
1. With "...I have just 1 file with embedded chapters and it's working fine, no problems here..." you mean that you can Ctrl+B navigate your embedded MKV chapters in BSplayer for Windows? and BSplayer for Android?
Note: mkv files, for me too, are also are "working fine" in the sense of that they "play well", with BSplayer Windows and BSplayer Android.
Exception:_ chf_chapter navigation does not work in my BSplayer for Android!
You say, the embedded MKV chapter _navigation_ works well in your BSplayer for Windows?
And in BSplayer for Android?

2. MKV merge: Back in 2010, I already tried "mkvmerge GUI (MKVtoolnix) v3.1.0 Jan 19 2010". But I could not test the resulting embedded chapters. In these days I did not find any SW and HW video player that served the embedded chapters. (Well, I did not try it with BSplayer in these days. It was last year that BSplayer Android came to my attention, and some time later made me buy BSplayer Windows too!)
So I gave up with MKV merge and did not become a friend of embedded mkv chapters.
(Then I found multiAVCHD. Besides many other fine features it also provided chapter support and converted simple chapter time and annotation input to Blu-ray Disk and AVCHD embedded chapters, working well not only in some Windows software players and in standalone BD players but also in special HW players like PS3 and Popcorn Hour.) Now, I am willing to try it again.

3. Please give me a link to your MKV file with embedded chapters. I would like to base my further experiments with mkv merge on comparing with a working embedded MKV chapters example. (My failure with embedded mkv chapters back in 2010 could have been due to not correctly using mkv merge. It may help me to verify my way of "mkv merge" embedding chapters into the media file.)

4. Android support for chapters ... on TODO list of BSPlayer's developers: Which chapter support? chf file chapters? Embedded MKV file chapters? Or both?

Though, my main focus remains on _chf_like chapters in a _simple_, separate, accompanying chapter file!

adicoto, I really appreciate your help very much! With your help: "Yes, we can"
Old 9th June 2013
BS.Player Master

The file can be found:

https://www.google.ro/search?sourcei....0.Ze7u7cHOGeE

Yes, in BSPlayer for Windows, Ctrl+B works like a charm on this file. I will put it on an SD card and test it soon on android too.
Attached it's a printscreen of the embeded chapters. More than that, if I click on "chapter viewer" you get a DVD-like menu on the video window, but, unfortunately it doesn't show pictures of the chapters, just grey boxes.

About CHF chapters, why use external files when you can put them inside ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shakira-capitole.jpg (118.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 10th June 2013
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
About CHF chapters, why use external files when you can put them inside ?
Why not? Why put them inside? There are pros and cons!
Separate CHF can be a clever solution:
+ CHF only needs 1 small (10 KB to 100 KB) text file for any size (some 100 MB to some 10 GB) media file
_ To embed the 100 KB CHF info into a 4GB media file mkvmerge has to 'copy/merge' the 4GB media with the 100 KB text content into a new 4GB+ file - much overhead!
+ 1 CHF suits many recoded versions of same media content!
(1 CHF serves all: 1080p, 720p, 480p versions / mp4, mkv, m2ts, ... m4a, mp3, ...versions)
- otherwise you have to embed the same 100 KB into each of the media variants.
+ CHF is extremely SIMPLE!!! Can be created using Notepad. No need for special software!
(OGM, HTML chapters are much more complicated and need special software to create)
+ mkvmerge chapter creation is much more complicated and cumbersome
+ CHF is easy to implement in players
+ CHF is implemented in BSplayer Windows since 2002
+ CHF has same DVD like menu (as your screenshot) in BSplayer Windows
+ CHF can be easily converted to other simple text file based formats
+ CHF (because of its small size) can be easily sent to tablet and phone via WiFi in seconds for use with the tablet version of the media file
etc.
My main reason: I like CHF! I dislike the overhead of embedding!

CHF is THE reason and motivation for my interest in BSplayer Windows and Android!
I definitely will not buy the renewal of my BSplayer Pro license or buy Version 3 if CHF support will be canceled in Windows version and will not be implemented in Android version!

Your link is of no use for me since I do not want to 'pay' the download with publishing my phone number to advertising in "Complete a Survey to Continue", etc. I am not interested in the complete show. (I already own it on BD!)

I am only interested in a small sample mkv with embedded chapters to study and test chapter embedding.
Could you please do what you advised me to do in your earlier posting (quote: "... If you can prepare such a file of a small size (up to 1 GB) and post it to a file transfer service (transfer.ro, fastupload.ro or an international service similar to) I wil be glad to test it ...") and provide me sample.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Cela; 10th June 2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10th June 2013
BS.Player Master

OK, you convinced me, CHF files are more versatile. So, I made a file and put it inside a folder with a movie. Loaded chapters from it and ...... CTRL+B is working.
I will install MKV merge and try to cut a portion of that show and post it for you or create a simple file. Also, that file is available in torrents, no payment needed.

You have a link in email to WeTransfer with a small archive...about 90 MB. Original file, txt and chf chapter files and one embedded chapters file. All working OK here with CTRL+B.
Old 11th June 2013
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
You have a link ... with a small archive... Original file, txt and chf chapter files and one embedded chapters file. All working OK here with CTRL+B.
Phantastic! Thank you very much! You are a hero!

For me too, all working OK in Windows!
PLEASE, ASAP in Android!!!
The appended printscreen shows my results with BSplayer Pro Windows with these two files:
sample.mkv ... media file sample, NO embedded chapters
Sample.chf ... (sample/Sample ... filenames not case sensitive in Windows)
[CHAPTERS]
1=00:00:00.000 01 Live Show
2=00:00:16.760 02 Intro
3=00:00:35.320 03 Part1
4=00:00:44.240 04 Exit 1
5=00:00:55.560 05 The End
(My printsrcreen includes some remarks, questions and feature requests.)

Please explain the other files in the container:
Where did you use/extract this OGM style chapter file?
Sample.txt ... OGM chapter format
CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000
CHAPTER01NAME=Live Show
CHAPTER02=00:00:16.720
CHAPTER02NAME=Intro
CHAPTER03=00:00:35.320
CHAPTER03NAME=Part1

(In mkmerge Help, in "4.3.1. Simple/OGM style chapter files", it is called "simple" ?!
To me it is simpler than ugly HTML style format, but far away from easy readability.
To my eyes, CHF is much simpler: single line, much easier to read. CHF is only one step away from the desired reduction to a really simple text list. A list that contains nothing as the relevant information which is really needed.)

sample2.mkv ... same as 'sample.mkv' WITH embedded chapters
sample (1).mkv .. same media file sample WITH embedded chapters
Did you embed the chapters or were the chapters already embedded?

Quote:
... printscreen of the embeded chapters. More than that, if I click on "chapter viewer" ... doesn't show pictures of the chapters, just grey boxes...
'Vizualizator' works for my CHF. For your sample.mkv I do not get grey boxes but the expected views of the chapter start frames. Since the drop down menu list works for your embedded chapters, 'Vizualizator' should also work for you. I guess you refer to another media file where the start frames are faded out.

Quote:
I will install MKV merge and try to cut a portion of that show and post it for you or create a simple file. Also, that file is available in torrents, no payment needed.
I am looking forward to your results with mkvmerge. Espescially if you find it comfortable and easy to generate the embedded chapters for a chf shortlist like
00:00:00.000 01 Live Show
00:00:16.760 02 Intro
00:00:35.320 03 Part1
00:00:44.240 04 Exit 1
00:00:55.560 05 The End
if you had more than 5 chapters (The Eurovision Song Contest Final would easily need mor than 30 chapters to quickly access all highlights.)

Last night I installed mkvmergeGUI v6.2.0. In its F1 Help, "4. The chapter editor", seems the same as in my older v3.1.0 Jan 19 2010 version. To me, the chapter feature seems very powerful but complicated.

Quote:
Also, that file is available in torrents, no payment needed.
I am not familiar with using torrents. My Internet Explorer even silently refused to download from your recent link. On my old XT machine I got a security question, which enabled the download.

I am looking forward to your mkvmerge test and to your BSplayer for Android test. I am still interested in a short section of your long file which should contain 2 or 3 original embedded chapters.

Thanks for your help and cooperation!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHF_Example.jpg (108.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 11th June 2013
BS.Player Master

1. Not much to understand from your screenshot as it's resolution is too low.

2. As for the files. Sample.mkv it's the original file (part of a torrent so I couldn't modify it-it generates errors in torrent file) and for this file I've made the CHF file to test. Sample 1 it's created with MKV Merge using the second chapter file (the one you asked about) the .txt file, as MKV Merge doesn't accept CHF files. That file was also writen by me. Originally saved as Sample 2. Should be the same file.

Chapters were embeded by me, weren't there in the original file. In android version I don't see the option to use chapters (I use the free version, I am not sure the PRO version have support for chapters), but, IIRC I read somwhere on the forum [Feature request] Chapter Feature (.chf) please that the developpement team consider this option.
Old 11th June 2013
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
1. Not much to understand from your screenshot as it's resolution is too low.
Sorry. forum.bsplayer.com reduced significantly size and resolution: from 430KB before upload down to 108,1KB after upload (~400%)!
Tomorrow I will split the screenshot in an upper and a lower half and hope that the upload to this forum will not kill as much space and resolution.

Quote:
2. As for the files. Sample.mkv it's the original file (part of a torrent so I couldn't modify it-it generates errors in torrent file) and for this file I've made the CHF file to test. Sample 1 it's created with MKV Merge using the second chapter file (the one you asked about) the .txt file, as MKV Merge doesn't accept CHF files. That file was also writen by me. Originally saved as Sample 2. Should be the same file.
Chapters were embeded by me, weren't there in the original file.
OK, you translated the CHF file to OGM format and fed it into MKV Merge to embed it into the original mkv file which did not come with embedded chapters.
You did not use (try out) the "4.4 Creating chapter files" of MKV merge as documented in F1 Help "4. The chapter editor".
Would be interesting if you did and how you would like this chapter editor.

Quote:
...In android version I don't see the option to use chapters (I use the free version, I am not sure the PRO version have support for chapters)...
There is also NO option NOR are there controls to use chapters in BSPlayer Pro Android v1.9 Build 151 (the newest version at the time of writing these lines).
BSPlayer Pro Android claims to be the "top hardware accelerated video player for Android smartphones and tablet PCs". Today it only is a "top" player lacking chapter support. It even does not support its own invention, its own CHF chapters which its already supporting in Windows for over ten years! It's hard to believe, but it's true!
Therefore, my urgent feature requests to support its own CHF feature ASAP!

By the way, I found two other "top" Android player apps which support sort of simplified CHF-like chapter variants. Probably there are even more.
Both players call chapters bookmarks and have a simple bookmark menu (comparable to BSplayer Windows chapter menu list). Instead of the better readable hh:mm:ss.msf time format both apps use milliseconds as time units and their own separator between timecode and text:
<milliseconds><separator><text>
Example:
sample.mkv
sample.bkm ... mVideo Player (needs ; as <separator>)
0;01 Live Show
16760;02 Intro
35320;03 Part1
44240;04 Exit 1
55560;05 The End

sample.mkv.bkm ... Act1 Video Player (needs <ht> horizontal tab as <separator>)
0<ht>01 Live Show
16760<ht>02 Intro
35320<ht>03 Part1
44240<ht>04 Exit 1
55560<ht>05 The End
(Note: If you copy these lines then each <ht> needs to be replaced by horizontal tab! Reason: In this forum (in all forums?) all tab characters get lost (are auto converted into a single space!))

I prefer hh:mm:ss.msf timecode and dislike milliseconds! And I would prefer the first space per line as separator!

I would prefer to stay with BSplayer Android if it had CHF support! Then I could use the same CHF in windows and in Android!
Old 12th June 2013
BS.Player Master

I did not use chapter editor in MKV merge, just written manually the file. But it's kind of the same thing.
Old 12th June 2013
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
I did not use chapter editor in MKV merge, just written manually the file. But it's kind of the same thing.
The result may be the same, but I doubt the "kind of the same thing" part. The descripton in chapter 4 of MKV Merge F1 Help sounds far more complicated!
Quote:
... My file, my friend, is an MKV with embeded chapters and it's working fine. It's not my creation, it's just downloaded from internet...
How about a small part from this file? Just a chunck with 2 or 3 chapters. Would be interesting to analyze the embedding. Could you please upload a sample chunck from this file?
Quote:
1. Not much to understand from your screenshot as it's resolution is too low....
I splitted the screenshot in two parts, an upper and a lower part. I hope that the upload to this forum will not kill as much space and resolution.

These are the findings which the screenshot(s) should document and visualize.

Sceenshot "CHF_Example_A.jpg"
It is the upper half of the combined screenshot of the earlier posting.
The screenshot refers to playig "sample.mkv" (1) with "Sample.chf" (2) in the same Windows directory.
The media file "sample.mkv" does not contain any embedded chapters. But BSplayer Pro for Windows searches in the directory of the media file for a file named like the media file with extension ".chf" instead of the media extension: "sample.chf" (same filename, not case sensitive). To get acceptedit has to fulfill certain format requirements. If Yes, then BSplayer uses the contained CHF chapter information for chapter navigation.
The following 'screenshot tutorial' also holds for embedded chapters (tested with OGM type chapters embedded with MKV Merge).

The Bsplayer for Windos CHF chapter feature offers some fine options:
1. NEXT Ctrl+B >> and << PREV Ctrl+Y GUI icon and keyboard shortcut navigation
Ctrl+Z with DE (German) keyboard, is it Ctrl+Z with for EN (US) keyboard?
<< >> GUI controls are available in BSplayer.v1 skin. Which other skins?
2. Chapter menu (text list):
> right mouse click to get BSplayer's Options menu,
> halfway down, put mouse pointer over Chapters (or Kapitel or equivalent in your language)
> then the Chaptermenu text list will be display (a list of the CHF chapter texts)
> click on a chapter text entry to jump to the start frame of that chapter
If BSplayer did not find a valid CHF file, it opens an Open file window that allows to search for *.chf file types.
> Chapter Viewer: The chapter menu list ends with an option Viewer (or equiv. in your language).
Sceenshot "CHF_Example_B.jpg":
It is the lower half of the combined screenshot of the earlier posting.

Chapter Viewer:
The graphical DVD/BD-like chapter menu can be accessed in two ways.
> from the Chapter menu (text list) as shown above, or by
> Ctrl+C keyboard shortcut, the quick way. (That's why Ctrl+C in BSplayer is not available as keyboard shortcut for COPY; use right mouseclick option instead!). BSplayer can take a few seconds to generate the chapter icons.
The Chapter viewer shows the start frame of each chapter at chapter start time. The chapter icon should represent the chapter. Though the chapter start frame is often faded and/or not typical for the chapter. Chapter text is in each icon's upper left corner. It is unreadably small! Readable charactersize and better placement of chapter text is needed in the graphical chapter menu!

Summary of Feature requests resulting from this example
(CHF_Example_A, CHF_Example_B screenshots):
* Controls in Skins: which skins have these controls?
<< PREV, NEXT >> ?
Chapters menu text list ?
Chapter Viewer ?

* Keyboard shortcuts:
Chapter menu text list ?
 Options drop down menu ?

* Chapter Viewer:
Readable textsize for chapter text
Option to select mid-chapter frame as chapter icon frame (as found in multiAVCHD),
(especially useful for concert recordings)

* Handling of longer chapter lists with many chapters?
Chapter menu text list ?
Chapter Viewer ?

* "Top" player needs "Top" Guides and Manuals!
Features Guide, User's Guide, F1 Help, YouTube video tutorials, etc. !!!

* "Top" player for Android needs chapter feature ASAP!

I am sure, the time you and I spent to prepare these postings here is far beyond the time a BSplayer programmer would have needed to transfer the respective codes from Windows to Android version to provide the CHF feature in BSplayer for Android!

I strongly hope that you, as moderator and BS.Player Master, will use your influence, PLEASE , to get the CHF feature in Android BSplayer going. It is a small task for the BSplayer programmer(s) but an important step to top the "Top" ranking!

It would make me happy and stop me writing long postings!

Thank you so much for your important help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHF_Example_A.jpg (219.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg CHF_Example_B.jpg (225.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 13th June 2013
BS.Player Master

My friend, even if this forum states I am "BSPlayer Master" I am just a simple user like you are, trying to help people who come to this forum with questions. So, I am afraid my "influence" is somewhere around zero point :)
But, Ico-Man, who is the liason with the programmers read this forum and transmits the main concens to the programmers. So, as he stated in an earlyer post, chapter support for android is on the TODO list. Now it's just a matter of patience.
Old 13th June 2013
BS.player Regular User

You are not only a "BSPlayer Master", to me, you are a "Hero of BSplayer Universe".
The conversation with you taught me a lot undocumented facts about this versatile program and was important help!
Thank you very much!

I hope that Ico-Man reads our conversation. He may freely use my findings summaries screenshots for a future F1 Help or a future User's Guide).

One last item:
Again, refering #5:
Quote:
... My file ... is an MKV with embeded chapters and it's working fine. It's not my creation, it's just downloaded from internet...
How about a small part from this file? Just a chunck with 2 or 3 chapters. Would be interesting to analyze the embedding. Could you please upload a sample chunck from this file? (refering #11, #13)
PLEASE!

Edit:
P.S.
Just tested extracting embedded chapters from mediafile.mkv
using Chapters Extraction with MKVExtractGUI2
MKVExtractGUI-2 | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net
1. Drop media_file into Input File.
2. Tag Chapters.
3. Select Chapters format: ogm -> get media_file.ogm
4. Select Chapters format: xml -> get media_file.xml

results for your sample2.mkv (after copy/paste into a notepad text file):
Code:
simple list
00:00:00.000 Live Show
00:00:16.720 Intro
00:00:35.320 Part1

chf
[CHAPTERS]
1=00:00:00.000 Live Show
2=00:00:16.720 Intro
3=00:00:35.320 Part1

ogm
CHAPTER01NAME=Live Show
CHAPTER02=00:00:16.720
CHAPTER02NAME=Intro
CHAPTER03=00:00:35.320
CHAPTER03NAME=Part1

xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- <!DOCTYPE Chapters SYSTEM "matroskachapters.dtd"> -->
-<Chapters> -<EditionEntry> -<ChapterAtom> <ChapterUID>9141465354991259573</ChapterUID> <ChapterTimeStart>00:00:00.000000000</ChapterTimeStart> -<ChapterDisplay> <ChapterString>Live Show</ChapterString> <ChapterLanguage>und</ChapterLanguage> </ChapterDisplay> </ChapterAtom> -<ChapterAtom> <ChapterUID>17829219263264052865</ChapterUID> <ChapterTimeStart>00:00:16.720000000</ChapterTimeStart> -<ChapterDisplay> <ChapterString>Intro</ChapterString> <ChapterLanguage>und</ChapterLanguage> </ChapterDisplay> </ChapterAtom> -<ChapterAtom> <ChapterUID>4750944468411959174</ChapterUID> <ChapterTimeStart>00:00:35.320000000</ChapterTimeStart> -<ChapterDisplay> <ChapterString>Part1</ChapterString> <ChapterLanguage>und</ChapterLanguage> </ChapterDisplay> </ChapterAtom> <EditionUID>3977143588776185984</EditionUID> </EditionEntry> </Chapters>
(xml file looks better, i.e. structured, in an internet browser)

Instead of uploading a chunck from the file refring in #5, #11, #13 you may prefer to let MKVExtractGUI2
extract the ogm and xml versions of the embedded chapters and append the *.ogm und *.xml files?

Last edited by Cela; 13th June 2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 14th June 2013
BS.Player Master

OGM:

CHAPTER01NAME=Intro
CHAPTER02=00:01:58.000
CHAPTER02NAME=Estoy Aqui
CHAPTER03=00:06:34.000
CHAPTER03NAME=Te Dejo Madrid
CHAPTER04=00:09:32.000
CHAPTER04NAME=Don't Bother
CHAPTER05=00:14:20.000
CHAPTER05NAME=Antologia
CHAPTER06=00:19:05.000
CHAPTER06NAME=Hey You
CHAPTER07=00:23:12.000
CHAPTER07NAME=Inevitable
CHAPTER08=00:27:27.000
CHAPTER08NAME=Si Te Vas
CHAPTER09=00:31:50.000
CHAPTER09NAME=La Tortura (featuring Alejandro Sanz)
CHAPTER10=00:38:12.000
CHAPTER10NAME=NO
CHAPTER11=00:43:12.000
CHAPTER11NAME=Whenever, Wherever
CHAPTER12=00:58:55.000
CHAPTER12NAME=La Pared
CHAPTER13=01:02:40.000
CHAPTER13NAME=Underneath Your Clothes
CHAPTER14=01:06:45.000
CHAPTER14NAME=Pies Descalzos
CHAPTER15=01:09:56.000
CHAPTER15NAME=Ciega, Sordomuda
CHAPTER16=01:15:31.000
CHAPTER16NAME=Ojos Asi
CHAPTER17=01:22:42.000
CHAPTER17NAME=Hips Don't Lie (featuring Wyclef Jean)
CHAPTER18=01:29:36.000
CHAPTER18NAME=Credits
Old 14th June 2013
BS.Player Master

XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Chapters>
<EditionEntry>
<EditionFlagHidden>0</EditionFlagHidden>
<EditionFlagDefault>0</EditionFlagDefault>
<EditionUID>2746424964</EditionUID>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>1091835050</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:00:00.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterFlagHidden>0</ChapterFlagHidden>
<ChapterFlagEnabled>1</ChapterFlagEnabled>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Intro</ChapterString>
<ChapterLanguage>eng</ChapterLanguage>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>3092055698</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:01:58.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Estoy Aqui</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>2828685481</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:06:34.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Te Dejo Madrid</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>1415683460</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:09:32.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Don't Bother</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>116943544</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:14:20.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Antologia</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>2339157424</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:19:05.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Hey You</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>2091801985</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:23:12.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Inevitable</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>1419419</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:27:27.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Si Te Vas</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>2831723705</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:31:50.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>La Tortura (featuring Alejandro Sanz)</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>1371583645</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:38:12.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>NO</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>3930446227</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:43:12.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Whenever, Wherever</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>3101058705</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:58:55.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>La Pared</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>2556508559</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>01:02:40.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Underneath Your Clothes</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>2318614170</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>01:06:45.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Pies Descalzos</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>1110804667</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>01:09:56.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Ciega, Sordomuda</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>856760488</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>01:15:31.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Ojos Asi</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>1077898429</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>01:22:42.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Hips Don't Lie (featuring Wyclef Jean)</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>4233146266</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>01:29:36.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Credits</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
</EditionEntry>
</Chapters>
Old 14th June 2013
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Chapters>
<EditionEntry>
<EditionFlagHidden>0</EditionFlagHidden>
<EditionFlagDefault>0</EditionFlagDefault>
<EditionUID>2746424964</EditionUID>
<ChapterAtom>
<ChapterUID>1091835050</ChapterUID>
<ChapterTimeStart>00:00:00.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
<ChapterDisplay>
<ChapterString>Intro</ChapterString>
</ChapterDisplay>
</ChapterAtom>
</EditionEntry>
</Chapters>
Thanks a lot!
When I extracted from your sample.mkv then I got all in a practically unreadable single long line! How did you get the nice list structure with appropriate line breaks?

Do you know what is really stored in the mkv file, xml or ogm?

Now I understand "...But it's kind of the same thing" in #13.

Do you know if there is any software which would batch convert between collections (all chapters at once) of
"time+text <-> chf <-> ogm <-> xml" and vice versa?

Old ChapterXtractor would be able to do the "time+text <-> chf <-> ogm" part but not the xml part. Unfortunately, its abiltity can only be accessed if we give it DVD IFO ("RAW") data as primary input, which we normally do not have. So we can't use it for this task.

Have a nice weekend!
Old 14th June 2013
BS.Player Master

I don't know how it's stored. But I believe it's XML. This link may help you:
Chapter Specifications | Matroska

Open the file with notepad.
I am not aware of such a program, wasn't interested in this matter.

A nice weekend to you too.

Tags
blu-ray, chapter, ctrl-b, ctrlb, mkv, work